In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)

In a life threatening emergency dial Triple Zero (000)
ACT Public Hospitals

Canberra Hospital

5124 0000

Calvary Hospital

6201 6111

Mental Health

Call Mental Health Triage on

1800 629 354

(free call except from mobiles or public phones) or

6205 1065

Poisons Hotline

For a poison emergency in Australia call


Drug and Alcohol Help Line

The Drug and Alcohol Help Line is available 24-hours, 7 days a week on

5124 9977

Health Protection Service

For after hours urgent public health matters including environmental health, radiation safety, food poisoning and communicable disease management phone:

(02) 6205 1700


24 hour health advice

1800 022 222

ACT State Emergency Service

Emergency help
during flood or storms

132 500

Forms and guidelines


To submit a form to a relevant insurer, you may send it by email. Note, email addresses are for ACT licensed insurers. If the at-fault insurer is interstate you will need to contact the interstate insurer for information:

NRMA:, phone: 1800 032 220 (8:30am - 5pm, Mon - Fri)

GIO:, phone: 13 10 10 (8:30am - 5pm, Mon - Fri)

AAMI:, phone: 13 22 44 (8:30am - 5pm, Mon - Fri)

APIA:, phone: 13 50 50 (8:30am - 5pm, Mon - Fri

The Defined Benefit Information Service by CARE Inc is also available for advice and assistance on accessing defined benefits - 1300 209 642.

Please complete a personal injuries application and a medical report to start your application for defined benefits.

During the receipt of the income replacement benefit, a fitness for work certificate is required to be completed by a medical practitioner. You will need to give this form to your medical practitioner for the certificate, and to provide your own work declaration.

If you have a family member who died as a result of a motor accident, you can use the following forms to apply for funeral benefits and dependent benefits.

A quality of life benefit form is available for use if you have an injury or injuries of a permanent nature as a result of your motor accident and it has been more than 6 months from the date of your motor accident.

A notice of claim form is required to give notice to an insurer that you intend to commence court proceedings for common law compensation. There are certain requirements to be met before this form may be submitted, including whether you meet certain thresholds.


You can find information about guidelines on the Legislation website.

The ACT Government is committed to improving the accessibility of web content. If you are experiencing problems accessing the information presented on this page, please contact us and we will endeavour to provide the information in an alternative format.