Types of Support


The Lifetime Care and Support Scheme can pay for treatment, rehabilitation and care services related to your motor accident or workplace accident injuries.

This can include:

  • medical treatment, like medication, hospital stays and doctor's appointments
  • rehabilitation, like physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy
  • aids and equipment, like wheelchairs
  • home and vehicle modifications, like ramps or bathroom rails
  • attendant care services, like personal care, domestic services and home or garden maintenance
  • help to return to study or work.

The services must be related to your motor accident injury or workplace accident injury and be 'reasonable and necessary', this includes:

  • paying for treatments that will improve your daily life, e.g. physiotherapy to help you manoeuvre your wheelchair
  • choosing the best service and provider that is appropriate to your injury and needs

Contact your LTCS Coordinator on 1300 738 586 for further information. The Lifetime Care and Support Guidelines also include information about the specific areas of treatment, rehabilitation and care we provide.

Requesting services


Services are usually requested on your behalf by your case manager. A case manager is a person who usually works for a hospital, rehab, or disability service that we pay to make sure you get the services specific to your needs.

Your case manager requests services for you. Your LTCS Coordinator then acts to get you those services approved and once approved, your case manager gets those services rolled out.

When your needs are more stable, you may be able to request services directly with your coordinator.
It's important that the services you require are approved before they are provided. Your request should include information on:

  • your injury-related needs
  • how you want to participate at home and in your community
  • how the service will help you meet these needs and goals.

There are some things that you can pay for yourself and claim reimbursement for, like travel to treatment and rehabilitation appointments. For more information on the types of things you can claim ask your LTCS Coordinator.

Information sheets

These information sheets contain more detailed information: