The Capital Framework ("TCF") is a new process for the upfront assessment of capital works funding proposals in the ACT.
TCF delivery enhances upfront rigor in needs analysis, identification of risks and delivery model assessment driving improved value for money outcomes in the Territory.
The Territory thanks and acknowledges the participation of the Victorian, South Australian and Tasmanian Governments in assisting us to create The Capital Framework.
- ILW process is underway: Please contact Director, Capital Framework to schedule your ILW.
- Delivery Model Workshops and Risk Analysis Workshops programmed for October / November 2019.
- The Early Project Overview process is for October / November 2019.
- Single Assessment Framework (SAF) Draft Business Cases will be due late January 2019 with the Final versions due in mid February 2020.
- For advice and assistance please contact: Director, Capital Framework Jeff Hart (02) 6207 9373.
Investment Logic Workshop
A proprietry technique developed by the Victorian Treasury to rigourously assess the demonstrated need for a project.
Workshops are delivered by an accrediated facilitator and a panel is established and available to access.
Go to the Investment Logic Workshop page.
Early Project Overview
The Early Project Overview ("EPO") is a 45 minute presentation by Directorates to CMTEDD representatives
The EPO delinks the capital works approvals process from a purely budget driven cycle. There is a Panel of Commerical Advisors available from the EPO Process.
Go to the Early Project Overview page.
Single Assessment Framework
The Single Assessment Framework ("SAF") is the capital works business case process.
The SAF is tiered to project value and risk with escalating levels of analysis.
Go to the Single Assessment Framework page.
Post Implementation Review
The Post Implementation Review ("PIR") assesses how the project perfomed againt the expectations of the business case. Projects are identified for PIR at business case or procurement plan minute stage.
PIR's are funded by the project budget and provided to Budget Committee.
Go to the Post Implementation Review page.