Presented on 4 May 1999 by Kate Carnell MLA, Treasurer of the Australian Capital Territory
- Budget paper 1: Speech
- The Treasurer's Speech to the Legislative Assembly. The speech highlights the Government's Budget strategies and key features of the Budget.
- Budget paper 2: Budget summary
- Presents a summary of the overall budgetary position together with information on the Government's expenditure in key service delivery areas. It provides cross references to other budget papers to assist readers in locating details of specific budget measures.
- Budget paper 3: Budget overview
- Contains summaries of the 1999-2000 Budget and forward estimates for the general government sector, the public trading enterprise sector and the total Territory Government. Details of the projected 1998-99 Budget results are provided, as well as background information on the development of the 1999-2000 Budget, including consultations with the community, economic conditions, and intergovernmental financial relations. The Appropriation Bill 1999-2000 is appended.
- Budget paper 4: Budget estimates
- Provides information on each department and their respective output classes, including descriptions of functions, roles and responsibilities, together with major strategic highlights. Full accrual financial information is provided for the general government sector as well as details of the Territory's public trading enterprises.
- Supplementary paper: A clever, caring community
- This paper explores the vision and reasoning behind the Government's Budget decisions, describes how the Government's Planning Framework assists in achieving that vision, and outlines achievements already made.