Infrastructure projects for Tuggeranong and surrounding areas will support economic activity and jobs within the industry. These projects promote activity to create a healthier community and improve facilities and living standards in the community to build a fairer and more equitable city.
There are also projects that assist in up-skilling and educating our community and improve the amenity of our city to make Canberra a more liveable and accessible place to reside and work.
Capital initiatives currently funded include:
A Fairer Canberra
- $0.588 million for the Alexander Maconochie Centre Crisis Support Unit Upgrade.
A Strong Diverse Economy
- $7 million for Ashley Drive – Stage 1.
A More Liveable City
- $19.850 million for the construction of Mugga Lane – Land Fill Extension Stage 5.
- $6 million for Namadgi P-10 School – Pedestrian Bridge.
- $4.4 million for Extension of the Mugga Lane Resource Management Centre Landfill Cell.
- $3.1 million for Mugga Lane – Rehabilitation of Old Landfill Cells.
- $2.750 million for ACT New Landfill and Other Studies.
- $2.2 million for the Sanctuary at Tidbinbilla – Stage 2 and Birrigai Outdoor School Development.
- $2.1 million for Tuggeranong – Multi-use Indoor Community Facility and Men’s Shed.
- $2 million for Tuggeranong Arts Centre Improvements.
- $1.770 million for the Construction of Workshop Spaces – Hume Resource Recovery Estate.
- $1.250 million for Mugga Lane Resource Management Centre Landfill Cell.
- $0.930 million for the design of Mugga Lane – Essential Road Infrastructure.
- $0.727 for the New Southern Cemetery (Design).
- $0.350 million for Transport for Canberra – Erindale Bus Station (Design).
Educated And Skilled Community
- $12.930 million for the Rectification and Upgrade of Taylor Primary School.
Healthier and More Active Community
- $14 million for Tuggeranong Health Centre – Stage 2.
- $5.883 million for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Residential Alcohol & Other Drug Rehabilitation Facility.
- $5 million for the Refurbishment of Health Centre – Tuggeranong.
- $4 million for the Restoration of Sportsgrounds – Bonython, Watson and Weetangera.
- $3.540 million for the construction of Enhanced Community Health Centre Backup Power.
- $1.111 million for the Restoration of Sportsgrounds – Isabella Plains and Charnwood.
Capital Upgrades in the Tuggeranong Region
- Wanniassa District Playing Fields – Facilities Upgrades.
- Tuggeranong Pool Improvement Program.
- High School Frontage Improvements at Calwell and Wanniassa High Schools.
- Glazing Upgrades at Isabella Plains Early Childhood Centres.
- Preschool Shade Structures at Bonython and Gowrie Preschools.
- Continuation of Arterial Road Lighting of Isabella Drive between the Monaro Highway.