Infrastructure projects for Gungahlin will support economic activity and jobs within the industry.
These projects promote activity to create a healthier community and improve facilities and living standards in the community to build a fairer and more equitable city.
There are also projects that assist in up-skilling and educating our community and improve the amenity of our city to make Canberra a more liveable and accessible place to reside and work.
Capital initiatives currently funded include:
A Fairer Canberra
- $2.4 million for Ngunnawal Aged Care Land Release – Gold Creek.
- $1.555 million for Bimberi Security Upgrade.
A Strong Diverse Economy
- $81.7 million for Gungahlin Drive Extension – Stage 2.
- $24 million for Horse Park Drive Extension to Moncrieff Group Centre.
- $21 million for Casey – Clarrie Hermes Drive Extension to the Barton Highway.
- $14 million for Mitchell – Sandford Street Extension to the Federal Highway.
- $11.5 million for the Horse Park Drive Extension from Burrumarra Avenue to Mirrabei Drive.
- $1.5 million for Nicholls – Gundaroo Drive Duplication (Design).
- $1 million for Gungahlin Town Centre Roads (Design).
- $0.6 million for Horse Park Drive Extension for Burrumarra to Mirrabei Drive (Design).
- $0.4 million for The Valley Avenue Extension to Gundaroo Drive (Design).
- $0.308 million for Amaroo – Horse Park Drive and Katherine Avenue Intersection Upgrade (Design).
- $0.308 million for Harrison – Horse Park Drive and Mapleton Avenue Intersection Upgrade (Design).
- $0.120 million for Crace – William Slim Drive and Barton Highway Roundabout Signalisation (Design).
A More Liveable City
- $6.5 million for Gungahlin – The Valley Ponds and Stormwater Harvesting Scheme.
- $3.325 million for Transport for Canberra – Gungahlin Town Centre Major Bus Station.
- $0.9 million for Kenny Planning and Design Framework and Kenny and Throsby Environmental Assessments (Feasibility).
- $0.750 million for Transport for Canberra – Flemington Road Bus Priority Study (Design).
- $0.770 million for Toilet and Shower Block Upgrades at Exhibition Park in Canberra.
- $0.605 million for the Conference Centre and Parkes Room Refurbishment at Exhibition Park in Canberra.
- $0.550 million for Gungahlin – Recycling Drop Off Centre.
- $0.450 million for Gold Creek Homestead Stabilisation.
- $0.4 million for Kenny Contamination Remediation.
- $0.201 million for ACTION – Third Major Bus Depot (Feasibility).
An Educated and Skilled Community
- $60.270 million for Bonner Primary School.
- $42.7 million for Franklin Early Childhood School.
A Healthier and More Active Community
- $26.3 million for Gungahlin Pool.
- $18 million for the New Gungahlin Health Centre.
- $6.5 million for Gungahlin Enclosed Oval – Construction of Grandstand.
- $6.5 million for Gungahlin Wellbeing Precinct – Infrastructure Works.
- $6 million for Gungahlin Enclosed Oval (Sports Complex).
- $1.460 million for Gungahlin Leisure Centre (Design).
- $0.5 million for Throsby Multisport Complex (Design).