Flying Flags & Banners in Canberra
Flag and banner sites across Canberra are available for hire by all individuals and organisations wishing to publicise forthcoming events, activities or campaigns that are considered appropriate by the ACT Government. The ACT Government does not lease flag or banner sites for advertising purposes or to promote industry days.The ACT Government supports the safe and responsible use of flags/banners at sites managed by ACT Property Group, within the Territory and Municipal Services Directorate as a way of:
- enhancing Canberra’s visual attractiveness by adding colour and vibrancy to the city;
- providing information about upcoming significant events of interest to the community, particularly in the cultural, charitable, sporting or recreational spheres occurring within Canberra or the ACT region;
- promoting Canberra and the ACT region; and
- recognising Canberra’s role as the nation’s capital.
The ACT Government has a set of standards that must be observed when flying your flags and/or banners. For instance, the size and shape must conform to ACT Government requirements. Also, flags and banners relating to visiting dignitaries, diplomats or other events that are deemed to be socially or politically significant to the ACT Government will always take precedence regardless of how long you had the sites booked.
To access the ACT Government’s application, guidelines, locations and pricing for flying flags and banners on its flag poles and/or street lights, please refer to:
- Flags and Banners Operational Guidelines (PDF 1.2MB)
- Flags and Banners Operational Guidelines (1.2MB)
If you would like to apply for your flags and/or banners to be flown, or if you require further information on availability and pricing estimates, please contact the Flags and Banners Booking Officer on: