Infrastructure projects for Belconnen will support economic activity and jobs within the industry. These projects promote activity to create a healthier community and improve facilities and living standards in the community to build a fairer and more equitable city.
There are also projects that assist in up-skilling and educating our community and improve the amenity of our city to make Canberra a more liveable and accessible place to reside and work.
Capital initiatives currently funded include:
A Fairer Canberra
- $21.318 million for ESA Station Upgrade and Relocation – Charnwood Station.
- $5.230 million for Flynn Regional Community Hub.
A Strong Economy
- $1 million for Belconnen – William Slim Drive Duplication (Design).
- $0.3 million for Lawson south – Relocation of Power Line (Design).
A More Liveable City
- $4.520 million for Eastern Valley Way Inlet – Stage 2 Inlet and Public Realm.
- $3 million for Transport for Canberra Belconnen to City Transitway – College Street Section.
- $2.783 million for Remediation of West Belconnen Land Fill Borrow Pit.
- $2.550 million West Belconnen Resource Management Centre Rehabilitation of Landfill Cells.
- $0.5 million for Strathnairn Facility Improvements.
- $0.3 million for Belconnen Arts Centre Stage 2 (Feasibility and Forward Design).
- $0.250 million for Transport for Canberra – West Belconnen Transit Stops and Terminus Improvements (Design).
- $0.250 million for Belconnen Lakeshore – Emu Inlet Stage 2.
- $0.170 million for an Upgrade to Belconnen Dog Park.
Educated And Skilled Community
- $5.650 million for West Macgregor Development – Macgregor Primary School Expansion.
- $0.5 million for Holt Preschool Refurbishment.
Healthier and More Active Community
- $51.344 million for the Enhanced Community Health Centre – Belconnen.
- $4 million for the Northside Hospital Specification and Documentation.
- $4 million for the Restoration of Sportsgrounds – Weetangera, Bonython and Watson.
- $3.540 million for Enhanced Community Health Centre Backup Power.
- $2 million for Supporting Our Local Sporting Clubs – Redevelopment of Kippax District Playing Fields.
- $1.398 million for Canberra Stadium Upgrade (Design).
- $1.111 million for the Restoration of Sportsgrounds – Charnwood and Isabella Plains.
Capital Upgrades in Belconnen
- Energy Efficient Street Lighting in Scullin, Melba and other suburbs.
- Upgrading Belconnen Skate Park Toilet Block.
- Upgrades to Improve Efficiency and Public Amenity at Canberra Stadium.
- High School Frontage Improvements at Belconnen High School.
- Preschool Shade Structures at Macgregor and Macquarie Preschools.
- Classroom Redevelopments at Melba-Copland Secondary School (Melba Campus).
- Classroom Refurbishments at Belconnen High School.